Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Connective Intelligence

I have discovered that I have a special talent or strength if you want to call it that. I instinctively combine disparate ideas. I do this without thought and the result is sometimes hilarious, sometimes creative and sometimes profound. I usually utter the result of these disparate connections without thinking. So how do I exploit this talent to benefit everyone?
I have read that inspiration often comes from combining two disparate ideas. And In order to get that inspiration, you need to be reading outside your industry, meeting people outside your industry and thinking about what you learn. Expose yourself to something new, and create something new.
Are there techniques/ methodologies out there to use where seemingly disparate ideas/ topics can be submitted for my instinctive consideration to create something new? The question is whether disparate ideas can knowingly be channelled for consideration and will I be able to instinctively combine these channelled (forced) ideas into something new without forcing it?
How does innovation take place – which techniques are used to innovate?
How do I identify ideas/ topics in my business to combine in order to innovate?
Can analogy be used?
Who were the great innovators? (da Vinci). How did they get their ideas that led to innovation?

No comments:

Post a Comment